June 21, 2016 @ 10:15 AM
By Jane Wakefield
This is the number one tip for a healthy summer.
Why is it important to stay hydrated? Here are the effects of not hydrating:
- Fatigue - Water is the best conductor of electricity for producing energy in the body. Without enough water, the enzymes cannot do their job to remove lactic build up in the muscles, which can cause one to feel tired.
- Headaches - Most headaches are caused by dehydration. The brain is 80% water.
- High Blood Pressure - The blood is 80-92% water, if there is not enough water, the blood can become too thick, causing slow movement through the arteries.
- Allergies - The body will produce too many histamines in order to conserve water, constricting airways and .........
June 8, 2016 @ 8:54 AM
by Cliff Smith
There is a saying that "beauty is only skin deep." Not so! What you put inside your body reveals your health on the outside through your skin. The skin is the largest organ in the body and has many duties in keeping you healthy.
Your skin eliminates wastes by perspiring. It serves as a protection from the weather and pollutants, is the first layer of the defense system and plays an important role in your health. Even though your skin is aging, it is possible to control the health of your skin.
Here are 3 valuable tips to keep your skin healthy:
1. Stay Away from the 3 Skin Sins: Smoking, Tanning Salons, and Sunbathing. All three of these will age your skin prematurely. Cigarette smoking ......