When shopping for low carb foods, this list of 10 choices for a natural low carb diet will be very useful. It seems that many of the low-carb products available today are chemically enhanced versions of foods we are used to eating. Low carb junk foods attract consumers who are too busy or too lazy to eat healthy. Unfortunately, many of the ingredients and simple carbohydrates in these products are terrible for the body.
This low carb foods list will benefit individuals on a low carb diet because it includes an abundance of complex carbohydrates from natural whole foods. Complex carbs satisfy hunger, longer.
By the way, experts suggest that 55-60% of your daily diet should include carbohydrates, but you want to avoid simple carbs, like breads, pastas and sweets. Instead, get complex carbs from whole foods.
1. Lettuce, spinach and other leafy greens offer excellent nutrition from naturally low carb foods. One serving (about a cup and half) delivers only 3 grams of carbohydrates, and those are good carbs, complex carbohydrates. Cabbage, red and green, adds about 5 grams of carbs to a low carb diet, but also offers healthy fiber.
2. Tomatoes are technically a fruit, but used as a vegetable and are pleasantly low in carbohydrates. For example, 1 medium size vine ripe tomato includes 7 grams of carbohydrates. Now, that may alarm some of the fanatical low carb diet food tabulators, but think about this, how many times do you eat a whole tomato in a serving? Most of the time when you eat tomatoes, you are only getting about 3 or 4 grams of carbs, and again, those are complex carbohydrates, so you have to keep it in perspective.
3. Carrots pack so much nutrition in so few calories that you have to include them in any low carb food list. 1 medium, raw carrot about 7" long yields 8 grams of carbohydrates. If you are only eating part of the carrot, subtract accordingly for a low carb diet. Of course, carrot juice is one of the best health drinks you can consume, but that delivers more concentrated carbohydrates.
4. Broccoli is a healthy member of our natural low carb foods list. 1 whole medium stalk of broccoli serves up only 8 grams of very high quality, complex carbs from a whole food source. This is one fantastic, natural, low carb food that Mother Nature intends for you to eat all the time, even if you are on a low carb diet.
5. Green beans are among the lightest of those mentioned on any low carb foods list in the bean category. While black beans, red beans, Garbanzo beans, and lima beans pack almost 30 grams of carbohydrates into a serving, green beans weigh in at only 5 grams of carbs per 3/4 cup serving. So, keep the beans green for a lean, mean, low carb diet machine.
6. Green peas, snow peas, and sugar snap peas are relatively low carb foods for something natural with as much flavor. You may enjoy a half-cup of green peas, a full cup of snow peas or a cup of steamed sugar snap peas and stay fit with only about 10 grams of complex carbohydrates per serving, plus good fiber, which is also important for a low carbohydrate diet and our low carb foods list.
7. Cucumbers are ideal for this natural low carb foods list because they are easy to clean, cut, and eat. One-third of a medium size cucumber includes only about 3 grams of carbs. Use them on salads and in sandwiches.
8. Bean Sprouts are perfect for salads and in Chinese food. Even a low carb diet will allow you to gobble up a full cup of bean sprouts with only 6 grams of carbs.
9. Celery is great for the fiber, the nutrients, and the benefits it offers for cleansing bad breath. Also, celery is a must on our natural low carb foods list with only 3 grams of carbohydrates in 2 medium stalks.
10. This last suggestion may sound a bit strange for a low carb foods list, but if you change the way you think about nutrition and the way you approach a low carb diet, then you will experience amazing results. Modern technology has made it possible for us to consume natural low carb foods that are concentrated with nutrients from Mother Nature and pre packaged for easy, convenient use. You will not find these at the grocery store or your local health food store, but they are available from cyberspace right to your door, thanks to the Internet.
Stay close to nature with this natural low carb foods list and out of the low carb junk food aisle and you'll be that much closer to a healthy low carb diet.
Most Products are on backorder from Sunrider. We will not take any more orders until Sunrider resolves their production problems. Please use our site for educational purposes, read the blog to learn about the products and how to best use them.
EASY Refund and Exchange Policy After you purchase anything at our health food store online, if you feel that it does not live up to your expectations, simply return any unused merchandise within 30 days and we’ll give you a full refund of the purchase price, or exchange for equal value.
We are Sunrider Independent Business Owners. Sunrider International is not responsible for the content at our health food store online and the statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Sunrider products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Site contentby Cliff Smith
All BestHealthFoodStore.net content by Cliff Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Based on work at http://www.besthealthfoodstore.net.